Real Life Issues, Real Life People, Real Life Experiences, Love, Life, Business, Sex, Relationships!

Friday 9 August 2013

*-----Are, are You a Learner?------*


   Lol. I remembered walking into a saloon, one in Southern Nigeria to have a hairdo and approach the young man who was clutching the clipper. Having seen the yuppy kinda cut he’d offered the last client, I did make it known to him straight up that I wasn’t such kinda yuppy and that he should just go ahead and give me a straight simple cut, and behold what came outta his mouth were words:

“Do I look like a learner?”

   Lol.
I just couldn’t stop laughing as I sat to get my cut, and right away he began sharing with me how the previous guy had asked for such a cut and he hadn’t been the one to have negotiated for it and immediately I associated the young man as a quite matured fellow at least for appreciating the fact that such previous hair-cut was entirely childish, who was sure at the level of the class of men I shall be discussing in this article today.

"The Mediocres!"  
I have seen enough madness in this world that it gets me so nuts and mad at this class of people and the more annoying thing is the fact that these class of people are more domicile in my continent, which gets me so cranky!

Materialism and the fag!

   What in the hell? I have been opportune to be in settings and cultures outside Africa and observe the conservativeness of some of these people we sometimes draw inspirations from. I have observed the way they dress, the way the eat and spend their hard earned money and I’d wannu wonder if there was something wrong from creation with the African culture and the craziness for materialism.

   It is come to so baffle me how many of us Africans have defined life. What are we living for? Okay it is one life and we really gotta enjoy it, but in all foolish and imprudent ways? Come to think of it in this small way:  — Why should I fly with an air carrier that would charge me so much and yet render the same in-flight services as another carrier with a small fee? Why? Like am gonna put it in my CV? Gushhh! Why should I buy a handheld device not call enabled and then another one than can call, instead of going for a tablet that can do both at same time? Why would I go to boutique to buy a shirt of same quality as the man at a little shop down the road?

   How really obtuse and dim-witted these little things can sound, but we see it in our today’s society and it’s become the norm of the land, especially for our ladies. Like the very first time I saw with my eyes in Abuja, Nigeria’s federal capital, the president flying out of the country in four private jets!
Gwad!
For what?! Doing what with those? When a bigger nation as the US of A has just two presidential jets. I also saw so many houses in the FCT very vacant and yet there were thousands of people lying by the road sides and sleeping under bridges in same territory. Or why would a living soul have a huge mansion of 12rooms and more all to himself, not renting anyone out at least but living there all alone? What a madness, What a shame! What a thought pattern? And yet we shall all live these and pass on to eternity— the very life we are supposed to live!

It touches me.   

   A friend of mine once wrote: “If all we want of life is to have enough money, just enough to buy us a good car, a nice house at the posh end of the city, buy us the best gadgets and stuffs etc, if that is all we can attribute success to, then our appraisal systems might be faulty after all.

   Where are the cars our grandfathers drove in their times? The city posh sides in 1902 and the best of gadgets they had then? Then what is our stress? Life is not in acquisition, but in contribution. As much as we should drive good cars, live in nice houses, own nice stuffs, we should also understand that all these things are mere tools for us to be effective in  achieving a great cause; making a contribution that will move the world to the next level of things. We are on an assignment. A car at its best merely a tool that helps you save time and energy by reducing the stress of going through distances; just as much as a hammer is to a carpenter. Nothing more! Anything more you make your car is only a reflection of the weaknesses in your thinking and faults in the definitions of life. These weaknesses dominate a set of PEOPLE. They are called Mediocres!

   We are not born to acquire, but to achieve and if we don’t achieve, we are failures, regardless of how much acquisitions we can boast of. Your car is a tool, same with your house, blackberry and gold necklaces. Money itself is a toll, so is knowledge and relationships. Mere tools.
Posterity will not judge us on how much tools we have, but rather how much we the finesse of the job we get done with whatever tools we can find.”

   That was such an inspiring write-up and hence I would want to further wonder why a lady would so deck herself with all sorts of paints and ornaments in a way so outlandish! “Are you a masquerade, are you a learner?”

   A friend of mine also, MD/CEO Ace and Brands once wrote: “How can the hair extension on your head have more value than the brain in your head?” “How can you spend your life buying all the fashion brands on credits without a palpable source of income?”

Are you a learner?

   You are here in this world for a purpose and each day of your life should be thrown into looking for that very reason you are yet alive. To please your creator and then to serve humanity! Anything short of these is sheer stupidity and the ignorance of the mind.       

No comments:

Post a Comment