Real Life Issues, Real Life People, Real Life Experiences, Love, Life, Business, Sex, Relationships!

Friday 5 July 2013

I was once an alcoholic...


Yes, I actually did stop drinking and sure you can too!

Hi all. I am Martins from Indiana, US and I am not a black though but would like to share my story and hope it serves it's suppose here which is strictly to educate others of the dangers of drinking, especially as a teenager. My story is simple although complex in the sense that I was actually saved my divine providence. It was the last weekend before spring break. My friends said they wanted to have a great weekend. So much fun they would almost get arrested. Raging to the point of blacking out. So I contacted a friend who was 25 and he bought us a handle of Kamchatka Whipped Cream flavored vodka. Needless to say it went down smooth when we pregamed in my dorm. I think I might have had 6 or 7 shots within an hour before we walked to the part. At the party I had beer, spiced rum, and some more vodka. I was hardly coherent, walking straight, much less thinking straight. Myself and two friends went outside to cool down. This turned into a flood of emotions, there was crying, yelling. We ended up on the sidewalk just venting about boys, school, all in an inebriated haze. I went behind a tree to pee, and that's when I realized. There was a car that had been sitting at an intersection some 30 feet away from us, sitting there for a long time. I looked past the bright headlights and I saw the police symbol on the hood. I walked quickly back to my friends and grabbed my purse. In a flurry that I barely remember I picked up my bag and started running. We all know that this is the complete and utter opposite of what you should do when you see a cop car or police officer. I didn't hear the officer yell or even see him out of the car until he was right behind my friend and I. He put us in hand cuffs and I spent the night freezing on concrete in the drunk tank. I was 19, my BAC was 0.099, and I live in Indiana, which means I was above the legal limit. This experience changed my life and I wish it had never happened, because it just might ruin it.

No comments:

Post a Comment